Millefoglie Chantilly from the Romitorio di Serelle Taverna in Tuscany
Once I had the chance to visit Tuscany and to stay at the beautiful farmhouse Romitorio di Serelle surrounded by the Chianti vineyards. In the evening I could eat authentic regional dishes at the Taverna.
Romitorio di Serelle inTuscany
Roberto shares with us a recipe of a millefeuille with chantilly.
Ingredients for 8 portions:
3 layers of puff pastry (pasta sfoglia) you can buy at the supermarket. We use the italian “pasta sfoglia” BUITONI.
6 spoons of sugar
4 spoons of flour
peel of 1 lemon
1 liter of milk
half a litre of whipping cream
Millefeuille – Millefoglie Chantilly
- Hole the pastry all over with a fork
- Cook it in a preheated oven at 200°C for 15-20 minutes
- Let it cool down.
CHANTILLY CREAM – CREAMA CHANTILLY
- Mix everything with a mixer or by hand with a fork.
- Bring to a boil 1 liter of milk with a peel of 1 lemon.
- Put the mixture previously done (eggs, sugar, flour) in the milk, while it is still boiling until it becomes a dense cream and let it cool down.
- Whip the white cream (whipping cream) for desserts,which you can also buy at the supermarket.
- Add it to the dense cream previously prepared and mix.
- Now put a sheet of pasta and a layer of Chantilly Cream (the half you have prepared), another sheet of pasta and a layer of the rest of Chantilly Cream and the last sheet of pasta (3 layers of pasta and 2 of cream).
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Millefeuille with chantilly and powdered sugar
Romitorio di Serelle – Barberino Val d’Elsa in Italy – Call: 39 055 8072814
Tagged Chantilly, Chianty, dessert, millefeuille, Romitorio di Serelle